Tuesday, August 6, 2013

and i hate being left out

Weight loss...
I (Melinda) have been on a three-ish year weight losing marathon. I've been pretty successful. Here's a little slideshow I created one my one year weightlossiversary.  Unfortunately, I pretty much still look like that today. See?

I lost my weight using Weight Watchers for the first year-ish. Then I've learned enough healthy habits to "maintain" my current weight. My sister asked me what I thought of the advocare products and...I'm skeptical.  I don't believe in pills or quick fixes, so the 24 day challenge makes me a little leery. I've done some research to see that it's more supplements/vitamins than diet pills. Plus lots of clean eating. But when Monica decided that she was going to give advocare a shot...then her hubby decided he was too, I hate being left out. So I jumped on the band wagon (Okay, fine. It's been two days already. I'm behind.) Basically our blog is hopefully documenting our successful 24 day challenge...or at least I can tell my big sister, "I told you so." Kidding...but seriously. I do love to do that.

Day 1:
Spark (mandarin orange)
Fiber Drink (TIPS! Blend it..and chug it. Seriously, bring back those college skills.) Follow it up with lots of water
Hard boiled egg (protein), Oatmeal (complex carb) with blueberries (fruit)
Apple and Justin's Almond Butter
Salad with hard boiled eggs (protein), peppers, carrots, tomatoes, with salsa (veggies) and sweet potato (complex carb)
Grapes and almonds
Omega Plex
Turkey burger (protein) wrapped in lettuce and tomatoes (veggies)
Herbal Cleanse Packet
I took step class with the sister and I'm using the add on catalyst. I took three before I worked out. My spark started to kick in after workout class. I had LOTS of energy.
Around 4:00 I started feeling icky, not sick or hungry, just off. I'm wondering if it is because of the lack of sugar that I had consumed for the day.



Day 2:
Spark (fruit punch)
Fiber Drink (Gagged today.) Follow it up with lots of water
One scrambled egg with peppers and onions (protein), Sweet potato chunks(complex carb) and cantaloupe (fruit) [This was SO yummy! I made them separate, but then mixed the eggs and potatoes together!]
1/2 turkey burger and a few almonds
Chicken Rice Bowls (I threw a pound of chicken (protein) in the crockpot with McCormick's Chipotle Chicken Taco Seasonings-no sodium. I added peppers and onions (veggies) and let it simmer all morning while I worked in my classroom with my mom and sister. We came back, shredded the chicken and made some brown rice (complex carb). We mixed them together in a bowl and added Wholly Guacamole, salsa, and lettuce. Next time I'd add black beans for more protein.)
Grapes and almonds
Omega Plex
Left over turkey burger (protein) with onions, peppers, and guacamole (veggies).
Herbal Cleanse Packet

Today I worked in my classroom with my mom and sister. We worked from 9 to 9. I missed zumba today because I was being so productive. I think that lugging boxes and moving filing cabinets counts as a workout. Since I didn't make it to a specific class, I'm taking three catalyst before bed. 

Bed. That's exactly where I should be going right now. Or to watch reruns of MTV's The Challenge on my smart tv. It's a tough decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment