Thursday, August 8, 2013

it wasn't as hard as i thought

Yesterday was Day 3.
I (Melinda) started my morning with Mandarin Orange Spark and 3 Catalyst. Then I went for a run. It wasn't my best run...I'm working on it. Sister and I are running a 5k in about a week in a half. Our goal (because I said so) is under 30 minutes.
I came back, chugged my Fiber Drink and had breakfast. I scrambled an egg with peppers and onions. I also toasted half a piece of whole wheat toast. It was DELSIH! I will probably have a half a slice of toast most mornings. My fruit was a peach.

I made the mistake of eating breakfast about 9:45 since I had run. This kind of threw off the rest of my day. After breakfast I went into school and worked on my classroom.
At about 12:15 I was so hungry, I realized I had skipped snack and headed home. I reheated yesterdays lunch and added black beans. (Chicken, peppers, brown rice, black beans..) I topped it with lots of lettuce.

I grabbed and apple and Justin's Almond Butter and headed back to school. I had my snack about four and headed to see my bf. His family was getting together for a fish fry and sweet corn. I had a lot of anxiety about going. I didn't want to cheat, but I knew there would be LOTS of awesome food there (Like peppers stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon. Holla!!). After talking with my sister and my brother in law I felt like I could do it. I went and had an awesome time. Love his family. (I did have a pepper that the cream cheese fell out of and I took the bacon off. Basically a roasted pepper.) When I got home, bf made me a chicken breast with squash, zucchini, and banana peppers all from the garden. Love him.
I learned a good lesson on day three. The food doesn't make it a good time, the company does. I was able to enjoy myself without eating everything in sight...so anything for that matter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment