Monday, August 12, 2013

cedar planks and mayo (Day #8)

Day 8
Spark/probiotic
Fiber drink....yuck, yuck, yuck 4 big drinks and it's gone...thankfully.
Breakfast: Whole wheat toast with two over easy eggs
Snack: missed it and not hungry
Lunch: left over chicken from last night with sauteed peppers and onions on a corn tortilla with a little marinara sauce
Snack: Apple and pistachios
Dinner: cedar plank grilled tilapia ( had to use mayo with olive oil to eat my fish), lemon and dill flavored brown rice and steamed fresh green beans, watermelon
Snack: nope

Workout: YES, step class with Wendy....love it.

Fish is a little out my comfort zone but my mom bought me some cedar grill planks this past weekend. The planks were on major clearance and we could not pass them up. I soaked the planks in my sink from lunch until is was time to grill. On each plank, I placed two tilapia pieces (I bought them individually packaged and frozen from Aldi.) On top of each fillet, I sprayed a little cooking spray and then put dill and Mrs. Dash's lemon pepper seasoning on it. Brian grilled them...delish. I added fresh dill to the water to steam the green beans and the rice along with a half a squeezed lemon and some chicken stock. When it came to eating the fish...it was delish....but I just couldn't stomach it plain so I had to have a little Mayo made with olive oil. In two days the first phase will be up, hoping for some sort of result, my clothes don't feel any bigger; that's a bit of a bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment